In this particular period, many of us are forced to slow down and remain at home. This can be a great moment of grace for each and everyone one of us to sit back and spend some time with God in prayer. As we start these daily guided prayer moments, we invite you to find a quiet place, make yourself available for a moment of prayer, to ask yourself some profound questions, and to dialogue with God.
- Find a suitable place where you can sit and be calm.
- Close your eyes for a few moments and listen to the sounds surrounding you, be aware of your posture and make yourself present to enter into a moment of intimacy with Jesus.
- Make the sign of the cross and remain for a few more moments in silence. TIP: If it helps you to concentrate and to bring yourself before Jesus in prayer, play a song or two of praise. If you do not have any specific song, we suggest this song.
1 The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want.
2 He makes me lie down in green pastures;
he leads me beside still waters;
3 he restores my soul.
He leads me in right paths
for his name’s sake.
4 Even though I walk through the darkest valley,
I fear no evil;
for you are with me;
your rod and your staff—
they comfort me.
5 You prepare a table before me
in the presence of my enemies;
you anoint my head with oil;
my cup overflows.
6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me
all the days of my life,
and I shall dwell in the house of the Lord
my whole life long.
- Present to Jesus today’s fears and struggles.
- Ask Jesus to empower you to live in the Hope he is offering you.
How is Jesus restoring my soul in this period of my life?
How is Jesus comforting me, as we walk in this dark valley?
What practical things can I do to be in closer intimacy with Jesus daily?
- Allow a moment of silence and try to listen to what God wants to tell you today. We suggest using a notebook to write some short points.
“he restores my soul” – Jesus is working in my life, even today. Jesus, show me the areas in my life, you desire to restore, to heal and to make new.
- Ask Mary to guide you to her son Jesus and intercede for others. Recite a Hail Mary.
What are the requests I wish to bring to God through Mary? For whom will I intercede?
- Close this moment of prayer by thanking God for this moment of intimacy together.
Grant us Jesus your peace, which will guard our hearts and minds.
- Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit: As it was in the beginning is now, and ever shall be, world without end. Amen. – Make the sign of the cross.
The Rosary will be prayed every day at 5:30pm and live-streamed on TVM2, Newsbook & Church.mt, from the Curia’s chapel. We encourage you all to join us in this prayer. If you have any prayer intentions which you’d like us to pray for, you can write them below. These intentions will be kept in confidence.