In this second week of social distancing, we entrust our lives and the lives of those around us to Jesus. We hope that these 15 minutes together with Christ are helping you grow deeper in intimacy with God, whilst allowing Him to give you the gift of his peace in these difficult situations.
We ask you to pray for all those who are suffering at the moment and those who are on the health workers fighting this pandemic.
- Find a suitable place where you can sit and be calm.
- Close your eyes for a few moments and listen to the sounds surrounding you, be aware of your posture and make yourself present to enter into a moment of intimacy with Jesus.
- Make the sign of the cross and remain for a few more moments in silence. TIP: If it helps you to concentrate and to bring yourself before Jesus in prayer, play a song or two of praise. If you do not have any specific song, we suggest this song.
My child, when you come to serve the Lord,
prepare yourself for testing.
Set your heart right and be steadfast,
and do not be impetuous in time of calamity.
Cling to him and do not depart,
so that your last days may be prosperous.
Accept whatever befalls you,
and in times of humiliation be patient.
For gold is tested in the fire,
and those found acceptable, in the furnace of humiliation.
Trust in him, and he will help you;
make your ways straight, and hope in him.
You who fear the Lord, wait for his mercy;
do not stray, or else you may fall.
You who fear the Lord, trust in him,
and your reward will not be lost.
You who fear the Lord, hope for good things,
for lasting joy and mercy.
Consider the generations of old and see:
has anyone trusted in the Lord and been disappointed?
Or has anyone persevered in the fear of the Lord and been forsaken?
Or has anyone called upon him and been neglected?
For the Lord is compassionate and merciful;
he forgives sins and saves in time of distress.
- Cling to Him
- How is my faith being tested? How am I reacting to these difficult moments?
- Who am I clinging to when the storm rages? Do I give in to fear? or anger? Do I give up hope? or do I look up toward God?
- Jesus I desire to follow you, I choose to be your disciple. Grant me the strength to keep my eyes on you when my faith is tested.
- Ask Jesus for the grace to have faith even when you pass through difficult moments and your faith is being challenged.
- Jesus I believe and trust in you.
- Allow a moment of silence and try to listen to what God wants to tell you today. We suggest using a notebook to write some short points.
- Ask Mary to guide you to her son Jesus and intercede for others. Recite a Hail Mary.
- What are the requests I wish to bring to God through Mary? For whom will I intercede?
- Close this moment of prayer by thanking God for this moment of intimacy together.
- Grant us Jesus your courage and strength, to daily do your will.
- Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit: As it was in the beginning is now, and ever shall be, world without end. Amen. – Make the sign of the cross.
- Cling to Him
The Rosary will be prayed every day at 5:30pm and live-streamed on TVM2, Newsbook & Church.mt, from the Curia’s chapel. We encourage you all to join us in this prayer. If you have any prayer intentions which you’d like us to pray for, you can write them below. These intentions will be kept in confidence.