In this second week of social distancing we entrust our lives and the lives of those around us to Jesus. We hope that these 15 minutes together with Christ are helping you grow deeper in intimacy with God, whilst allowing Him to give you the gift of his peace in these difficult situations.
We ask you to pray for all those who are suffering at the moment and those who are on the health workers fighting this pandemic.
- Find a suitable place where you can sit and be calm.
- Close your eyes for a few moments and listen to the sounds surrounding you, be aware of your posture and make yourself present to enter into a moment of intimacy with Jesus.
- Make the sign of the cross and remain for a few more moments in silence. TIP: If it helps you to concentrate and to bring yourself before Jesus in prayer, play a song or two of praise. If you do not have any specific song, we suggest this song.
1 Corinthians 13:1-8
If I speak in the tongues of mortals and of angels, but do not have love, I am a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. And if I have prophetic powers, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give away all my possessions, and if I hand over my body so that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.
Love is patient; love is kind; love is not envious or boastful or arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice in wrongdoing, but rejoices in the truth. It bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.
Love never ends. But as for prophecies, they will come to an end; as for tongues, they will cease; as for knowledge, it will come to an end.
- Love Never Ends
- How do I love those around me? Am I patient with those who take long to understand? Am I kind to those who ask something of me? Am I jealous of my friends? Do I boast or am I arrogant with my parents and family?
- How does this scripture shed light on the way I love?
- Jesus, teach me how to love as you love.
- Ask Jesus for the grace to love event when you feel it very difficult to do so.
- Jesus, I sometimes find it difficult to love those to oppose me and do me harm. Teach me to love as you love, to be patient and kind, and persevere in this new life you are offering me.
- Allow a moment of silence and try to listen to what God wants to tell you today. We suggest using a notebook to write some short points.
- Ask Mary to guide you to her son Jesus and intercede for others. Recite a Hail Mary.
- What are the requests I wish to bring to God through Mary? For whom will I intercede?
- Close this moment of prayer by thanking God for this moment of intimacy together.
- Grant us Jesus your courage to love even in the most difficult situations.
- Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit: As it was in the beginning is now, and ever shall be, world without end. Amen. – Make the sign of the cross.
- Love Never Ends
The Rosary will be prayed every day at 5:30pm and live-streamed on TVM2, Newsbook & Church.mt, from the Curia’s chapel. We encourage you all to join us in this prayer. If you have any prayer intentions which you’d like us to pray for, you can write them below. These intentions will be kept in confidence.